The Next Gen BEOC is a web-based information sharing platform that facilitates collaboration between public, private and non-profit organizations. The portal leverages nation’s best practices in information sharing, lessons learned from research in public-private partnerships, and experience in leading the Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center (LABEOC), and has grown into a national network of organizations ready to implement the technology. The technology is FREE, customizable, user friendly, and capable of supporting existing processes and existing incident management systems such as WebEOC.
In 2015, Cincinnati activated its Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center for MLB All-Star Game. The Greater Cincinnati Ready to Recover (R2R) organization (pictured above), covering the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area, recently adopted the VBEOC software dedicated to disaster preparedness, response and recovery for businesses, coupled with MIR3, Inc., a real-time intelligent notification system, to deliver mass broadcast notifications to VBEOC subscribers. MORE
Public Sector Benefits
- Enhance your ability to coordinate with private sector and other agencies across jurisdictional boundaries - based on your preferences
- Improve your ability to leverage private sector resources and expertise – both local and national-scale companies
- Provide greater visibility of impacts to private sector and situational awareness
- Strengthen resilience of local communities
Private Sector Benefits
- Consolidate your registration and relationship-building process – ONE place to register instead of 50 states or 3000+ counties!
- Receive real-time incident updates from public sector agencies across the nation
- Post and share situational awareness of facilities with the appropriate user-defined control
- Receive updates on needed products & services
- Respond to products and services needs
- Software capabilities include: Improving disaster preparedness and response, providing situational awareness, locating local products and services, addressing critical recovery needs, and returning businesses back to normal operations quickly
- Omni-directional information sharing platform between sectors
- Local implementation with the ability to collaborate with organizations at regional and national levels
- Customizable, GIS-enabled and open standards based
- Leverages state-of-the-art information technology solutions that enable real-time information exchange
- Preserves the autonomy, privacy, security, and general needs to accommodate both public and private sector stakeholder’s needs
- Centralized deployment for ease of maintenance
Please keep in mind that the Next Gen BEOC does NOT guarantee contracts, duplicate efforts, break existing communication chains, or exclude local officials.
Email the NIMSAT Institute for more information.