The V-BEOC is a web-based information sharing platform that facilitates collaboration between public, private and non-profit organizations. The portal leverages nation’s best practices in information sharing, lessons learned from research in public-private partnerships, and experience in leading the Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center (LA BEOC), and has grown into a national network of organizations ready to implement the technology. The V-BEOC technology is FREE, customizable, user friendly, and capable of supporting existing processes and existing incident management systems such as WebEOC.
Public Sector Benefits
- Enhance your ability to coordinate with private sector and other agencies across jurisdictional boundaries - based on your preferences
- Improve your ability to leverage private sector resources and expertise – both local and national-scale companies
- Provide greater visibility of impacts to private sector and situational awareness
- Strengthen resilience of local communities
Private Sector Benefits
- Consolidate your registration and relationship-building process – ONE place to register instead of 50 states or 3000+ counties!
- Receive real-time incident updates from public sector agencies across the nation
- Post and share situational awareness of facilities with the appropriate user-defined control
- Receive updates on needed products & services
- Respond to products and services needs
- Software capabilities include: Improving disaster preparedness and response, providing situational awareness, locating local products and services, addressing critical recovery needs, and returning businesses back to normal operations quickly
- Omni-directional information sharing platform between sectors
- Local implementation with the ability to collaborate with organizations at regional and national levels
- Customizable, GIS-enabled and open standards based
- Leverages state-of-the-art information technology solutions that enable real-time information exchange
- Preserves the autonomy, privacy, security, and general needs to accommodate both public and private sector stakeholder’s needs
- Centralized deployment for ease of maintenance
Please keep in mind that the V-BEOC does NOT guarantee contracts, duplicate efforts, break existing communication chains, or exclude local officials.
Email the NIMSAT Institute for more information.